Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Passion 2011

This year at Passion was interesting. The group of people I was with were really great people and I realize that I am in an extremely different place in my life than last year. However I have really yet to process and unpack everything I learned and experienced from Passion so I'm not sure what I learned, or if something is going to happen in the next few weeks or months and something I heard at Passion will influence that. I'm in this really weird place right now where a lot is happening around me and I think the gist of it is that I'm unhappy.
I'm not a fan of being done with school right now. I'm not a person designed to just work in a job that doesn't involve my degree and field that I love. Which is what I'm doing right now. I miss the excitement of a new year and of mountains of school work as stressful as they are. Yet today I'm realizing that my unhappiness is taking me away from being present in this season of my life. I'm not really a fan of that either.
So I'm working on my attitude with my station in life right now and trying to enjoy the people in my life. I want my focus to be on my relationship with God and with others, and not on me as much. I often focus on my plan and the way I think things should go. However, I have to remember that I am not in control! I just need to rely on God and let Him do His thing, while I respond in such a manner that I carry His name effectively to those around me.

No comments: