Friday, September 2, 2011

Off and Running

I have just finished up m first week of classes at GWU. So far I think it is going to be a really good semester. Monday, I had George Washington and His World which takes place at the Mount Vernon Estate each week. I'm really excited about the tours coming up. I also have to figure out what I would like to do for my final paper/project. My professor would like me to do something Museum Studies related, but as I told him I don't really have much experience yet with my field, so we'll just see what happens. Tuesday, I had Exhibit Design Curatorial Planning. Basically we will be focusing on the role of a curator in the museum profession. This really pertains to my chosen track of Exhibitions, so I think that this class will help me in my future career. Thursday, I have Museum Management. Although, I'm probably the least excited about this class, I am confident that this class will help me understand how museums operate from the management perspective. Overall I think this will be an exciting semester full of new things.
I also have started attending National Community Church at Ballston. I really like how the church emphasizes community within as well as contributing to the surrounding community. They also preach straight from the Bible, and really emphasize one's personal relationship with God. I'm excited to become more involved in the church and meet more people there. I'm considering trying to join a small group this semester. However, with the scheduling between school and my new job, I don't know if I will be able to balance it all this semester.
Finally that brings me to my new job. I am now a "partner"/employee of Starbucks. Lots of free coffee! I love how God provides every time I need a job. He is constantly showing His hand in my life.

No comments: