Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crafting

After drooling over various projects on Pinterest, I finally decided to make something that I saw on there. I saw a project for putting a decorative backing on a bookshelf and I knew that I already had the perfect bookshelf. I found my backing at Michaels for $1.80. It was vinyl shelf paper that was on sale. It was probably not the best thing to use, because it ended up getting a little messed up on the overlap part, but that is hidden by a shelf anyway so it wasn't a big deal. 
Bookshelf Before = boring

Supplies: Vinyl Shelf Paper, Rubber Cement and Scissors. I didn't really need the rubber cement, but I added a little bit to the corners and where the vinyl ended up overlapping in order to provide  a little extra hold. 

After! There are some bubbles and creases after applying the vinyl, but they aren't that noticeable especially with stuff on the shelf. 

After with shelves on. 

In my room with the books and random supplies. I really think it adds a little bit of color to my room. 

Close up of the backing. The pattern isn't really that noticeable because it's so light and small, but I think it's really cute. 

Once I have finished organizing and unpacking everything, as well as cleaning up the boxes I plan to do a little video tour of my new apartment! 


No comments: