Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Year New Semester

Oh man it has been a long time since I've written. Many things have happened and much has stayed the same. The Fall Semester finally ended in a whirl wind that was not as successful as I would have liked it to be. My GPA dropped but I am confident that I can raise it back up to a more successful (in my view that is) number. I spent much of my break working at the craft store so that I could make some money for my Europe trip this summer, however I as always got spendy and spent a lot of it on Christmas Presents. However I came back this semester to school and have started my internship at the St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library. I am responsible for one main project involving a reorganization of biographical photographs and also assisting with the development of a tour about the house that the library is headquartered. There are also several other projects that I will have the opportunity to be involved in which will give me a ton of experience for my future career in public history. One of the most exciting things about this internship is that this experience will be amazing for my grad school applications because as my professors have told me is that many undergrads who apply for the public history degress in grad schools do not have this kind of experience to back up their interest. So basically I'm ahead of the game which makes me really excited. I am a bit nervous about my course load and am praying for all As! That would just make my year I feel like. Well this has been an incredibly random post and I also have plans to write about my experience at Passion 2010 which was probably one of the best experiences of my life, I loved Atlanta!

No comments: