Thursday, December 12, 2013

Attempt at a Plant Strong Lifestyle

I'm challenging myself to eating plant strong for the month of December. This may be one of the hardest months of the year to try this experiment, but I'm in a place in my life, where my health needs to be priority. I need to get to my goal weight, and learn to be less dependent on animal based products. I want to learn to absolutely love plant based foods more than I already do, and just learn new preparation methods. I'm combining this with a 10 day mini cleanse in preparation for my full Advocare 24 Day Challenge in January. I'm really excited about this new focus in my health and am using the E2 Diet to help guide my food wise. My goal is to share my experience here, and include what I'm eating, some food ideas, recipe critiques, and who knows I may even come up with my own version of "vegan" cooking. I'm looking forward to seeing where this journey will take me, and hopefully though getting into a crazy clean eating habit to reach my weight loss goal by March. This has been a three year journey for me and while I have learned a lot I'm ready to be done with weight loss and get to maintenance. I'm hoping that as I learn and develop new habits I'll be able to focus on my other goal of becoming an athlete of sorts. We'll see how my uncoordinated self does with that one. Here's to the journey.


No comments: