Monday, October 22, 2007

Santa Cruz Hat

I started the Santa Cruz Hat from Magknits on Saturday. I really like it. From what I have read on Ravelry though it comes out small. So I'm doing the Worsted version and I cast on the amount of stitches for the Sport hat. I guess I'll find out if it is to big, but I'm making if for my grandmother and so I think it will be fine. I really like the pattern though. I've been on the look out for lace style hats since I finished Foliage. My next project, I want to make a lace shawl type pattern. I think it will be fun. I'm becoming more adventures in my knitting though I'm really excited. Oh I went to my first LYS the other day and I got some Misti International Cotton. Its a cotton silk blend, and it is so soft I love it. I found out that the LYS isn't as far away as I thought and they yarn isn't really more expensive then lovely Joanns. Besides when I start venturing into sweaters I want to have really nice yarn. So that was fun.
And I guess I should mention that I did get on Ravelry last Friday. It is so much fun! My name is luvbg89. I love looking at other people's patterns and all the different yarn. Well I guess I'm all caught up. Now its back to the books, I'm still really behind and it just never ends :(

No comments: